20040630






i'm stressed out these days. so much on my plate, so little time, so many paths life could take me down at any moment.

right now i'm in the process of buying a house and planning a tour for my band (and have been slacking off on some important matters that need to be taken care of here and there).

it's been insane trying to deal with loan agents and realestate agents who are so used to the house buying routine, that they don't realize or forget that it's no routine to you, the house purchaser, who is putting your ass on the line for a roof over your head. i feel my feet getting colder by the moment and often feel like renting for the rest of my life might not be so bad afterall. it doesn't help that everyday, news reports continuously have to remind me that rates are going up and the house buying bubble is about to burst at any moment, making me feel that if i buy a house now, i'll be a sucker.

after next month the frenchmen may only exist in theory. amy is heading off to medical school at the beginning of august. it's the end of an era. i hope i find an equally rewarding music project to be a part of afterwards. music has always been my life, so i'm sure i'll be doing something. it still got the munians to play guitar with, which is a great outlet, but sooner or later i'll have my own vision that will need to pan out in some form or another. hopefully i can convince charles to drum for me until the end of time, but we'll see.

on a different matter. i just finished reading "a storm of swords", which is the book three of "a song of ice and fire" by george r. r. martin. i will say with confidence that i liked it just as much, if not more than LOTR, and book 4 is supposed to come out down the road so i got something to look forward to. sweet!

No comments: