20070323


These are a few of my favorite podcasts




Since Niki posted her favorite podcasts, and so did the dude from boingboing.net, I thought I'd share some of my favorite podcasts that I listen to on the regular. Keep in mind that these are mostly shows that are originally broadcast on radio in one form or another, I just like to listen to them on my clock.

This American Life
Niki and I named our kid after the host. We like the TAL that much!

Radio Parallax
Based out of KDVS, Radio Parallax is hosted by Douglas Everett.
Radio Parallax* is a show covering topics in current events, politics, science, technology, history, satire, and whatever we damn well please. . Gotta love it.

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Really funny, if you don't mind Mo Rocca and Paula Poundstone every now and then. I want Carl Kasell to record a greeting for my answering machine!

Joe Frank
I used to listen to Joe Frank back in the day while driving a taxi late at night on the weekends. Very surreal and weird at times...right up my ally!

Brain Food
This is the only 100% pure podcast I listen to. It's mainly a science show about how every day things we take for granted work. Good for people who like to know the science behind everything, and done in a way that's accessible to just about everyone. It's hosted by a college student, so it never gets updated during finals and spring break. Whenever he does put up a show, it's of the highest quality. I bet he could get a radio show if he wanted to.

No comments: