20070302


American Idol
Wonder Woman?


Usually I just like to watch the cringe-worthy auditions, and then I ignore American Idol for the rest of the season. It all just goes downhill from there, yet somehow I really got into it last season. Taylor Hicks was horrible, but a fun guy to watch, Kelly Pickler re-enforced every "dumb blond/hick" joke known to man, Chris Daughtry would crank it up a notch after all the boring-ass R&B ballads, and Catherine Mcphee was just plain bootylicous.

Not that surprisingly I'm already bored with this season of American Idol. While watching, I felt this and last weeks episodes would never end...even with tivo's fast forward button. Every contestant is pretty much unforgettable, and they (the voters) have been keeping some really bad singers while getting rid of some with actual talent, (not that I can remember any of their names). Paula Abdul's "yes man" feedback is just plain annoying (where's the drunk Paula I've grown to love?). And it's a sad sad day when Ryan Seacrest is the most entertaining person on the show (he can actually be pretty funny.. I think E! network is rubbing off on him).

I can't take it any more.

No comments: