20070322


Tamponade



Last night's show was decently attended, especially for a Wednesday night. I assume it was scheduled on that day due to the touring band from Australia, the Zebras (who have ah guitar player named...Leon...who plays a Jaguar...not as handsome as the real Leon though).

Fun show. The Zebras were pretty cool. I didn't hear any stand out hits, but thought the encore performance by the non Leon guitar player was the best song in their set.

It was my first time setting foot in the Press Club since back in the day (I think I saw No Kill I or Nar). The inside has this cheesy metallic finish to it all, but the layout itself is pretty nice. I like where the stage is now. I don't know why there aren't more show there. I thought it was funny that you can buy a tall-boy of PBR for 3 bucks.

complaints:
The restrooms were just plain nasty with the scent of 100 year-old urine. Also, the club doesn't allow women in the men's restroom..what's up with that dawg?

1 comment:

werenotdeep said...

Well, I think it's to curb the kind of behaviour that Guphy saw in the women's room. Unfortunately, it was two ladies in the ladies room who were making out, so well...what can you do?

I definately agree that it was a good way to spend a wednesday night, even if I hadn't been playing, I would have wished I was there after I found out about it the next day.

Oh yeah, and those tallboys? Two bucks, man. Just TWO!