20050829


Now I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...



I hate to admit it, but I really like the new Kanye West album. I saw an interview with him the other day that made me think he's not a bad dude either, so I thought I'd give him a second chance. The first half of the album has some of the most solid hip-hop on it that I've heard in a while, but the last half gets a bit weak here and there. I'll see how my opinion changes throughout the day. His performance on the VMA's last night was definitely the best, but that wasn't hard to accomplish seeing who he was up against.

Highlight of the evening was R. Kelly re-enacting "the closet" with an alternate ending.

2 comments:

Ddot the King said...

I thought R. Kelly was unintentionally hilarious! But yeah Kanye was cool and from what I've from his new album he has out did his first album which is saying something!!

Unknown said...

at one point, Kelly looked like he couldn't even keep a straight face.

my highlight (although R.K. performing TITC by himself was awesome) may have been MC Hammer's big dance sequence.