20070604


Feeling guilty



Every once in a while I feel guilty for getting free stuff on-line. If it's an album of a band I really like, I try my best to buy it on LP format, (since I already have a digital copy). Most recently though, Ira Glass from my favorite NPR show "This American Life" gave everyone a reality check (aka a guilt trip) on the cost of providing the free weekly podcast, which is how I've been listening to it for a while now. I've never given to NPR, since I'm always put off by them asking for $50-100, like that's chump change, but Ira made a good point by stating "if everyone who listened donated 25 cents, we could cover our costs", so I was sold. I figure $15 a is a good deal for a year subscription to TAL, since buying a CD containing that many episodes would probably cost double the amount.

No comments: