20070411


Anxiety Dreams



I've been having both "school" and "flight" anxiety dreams lately. I haven't been in school for 6 years (thank god), but they still suck. Where are the sex dreams? gimme more of those!

As for my flight anxiety dreams, they have nothing to do with planes crashing, but more along the lines of:


  • Where do I park my return car rental?

  • Wait! Did I leave my boarding pass at home?

  • Oh no! I think I left my ID/passport at home

  • I just got on a shuttle to the airport, but I left my luggage at home

  • I just got on a shuttle to the airport, but I left my luggage on the sidewalk

  • and all my paperwork is in my luggage...

  • along with my wallet!

  • What is my flight number again?

  • Am I late for my flight...I'm not sure what time it's at

  • Oh no! I booked the wrong flight!

  • Hey that person wants to have sex with me! Awesome! But I'll be late for my flight!

1 comment:

werenotdeep said...

I hate random, banal anxiety dreams. I mean, you're asleep, supposedly the time when you're supposed to be most free from the cares of the world. The occasional super bizzare or scary dream is welcome, at least in my point of view, to one in which I'm schvitzing over something totally inanane and work-a-day.

I used to have dreams a lot where I'd be somewhere in public, and often around staunchy work or other sort of authority people, where I suddenly realize that I forgot to dress myself, or that all or most of my clothing have mysteriously dissapeared. I know this is common, but it's still unnerving.

In these dreams, I usually find that people don't immediately notice, and I often spend most of the dream schemeing to find a way to hide myself or get some clothes before they do notice.

The people around me are usually busy doing something else for a moment at the time when I notice I'm naked, and then suddenly direct their attention at me, and have a confused look on their face like they know that something is wrong, but they can't figure it out yet. That's the worst.