20060522


Mr. Levy



My dad has been in town this entire weekend and he's been kind of driving me nuts. He's finally going home tomorrow. My sister is saving me from having to take him to band practice tonight (thanks Mo).

I tried wearing him down all weekend, but he's been unfazed! I took him on a 9 mile hike Friday. We went all over SF Saturday. He and I walked to Beers and back on Sunday. Today he was on his own, and he wound up walking all the way from our house to old Sac and back.

------------

As for that Futureheads album. OK, it's not as instantly striking as their first album, but it is growing on me. The album is a little more polished and pro sounding, and I was put off by some of the songs at first, mainly because of their simplistic song writing (compared to the last album), not to mention the CD Niki brought home was "write protected" and wont play in my car stereo or my computer, so I had to bootleg it elsewhere.

The Futureheads first album still blows my mind even now, but the new one makes for good background music. It's good, and will probably be one of my top albums of the year. So there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe your dad should lay off the crack....

Alice said...

grind up some sleeping pills and slip them in his vanilla pudding. my sister did this to someone once and it really worked!