20060313


Weekend Update


Friday:

After work I went to Thai Cottage (on Fulton) and had an amazing dinner. Niki and I stuffed ourselves silly with dinner and dessert. We used a coupon from the SN&R and got a free entree, so it didn't cost too much. We ran into Nicola and Rosemary there. I wanted to go to that bananas show at Old I, but I was too tired and full, so I just stayed at home.

I watched an episode of "Good Eats" (Amber Waves), where my favorite scientist/cook Alton Brown made beer. I knew there was a reason I like that guy. He had some great techniques that I'll need to implement in my next batch of homebrew. So far that guy has taught me how to make good: Cheesecake, martinis and Power bars. Most of the time, I just watch and take mental notes.

Saturday:

Laid down some additional tracks and did some mixing for the Frenchmen Black Flag cover. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Uploaded a bunch of live music videos I made onto youtube.com. I'll post them here Friday, or you can just try to find stuff yourself by searching: Gregory Webster, TVPs, Pipas and Jens Lekmen (I'll upload some local stuff eventually). I need to reshoot The Feeling.

My sister came over and we had lunch at the Fox and Goose. I ordered a Chimay with my meal and the staff there kept on coming by and making comments about how that particular beer with get you hella wasted after a couple sips. That's why I like it (and it tastes great).

Made cookies (snowballs) and got my ass handed to me by Sacramento indie-elitist, Beckasac, in the cookie-off. Her win was well deserved.

I was gonna go see Knock Knock, then see the 4 'i's, but after eating all those cookies and Del Taco afterwards, it was time to go home and digest. SNL was hecka stupid (as usual).

Sunday:

Went to Sabs for birthday breakfast (pancakes and bloody marys), came home and remained lazy the rest of the afternoon.

I made a slow-jams compilation and a "best of girl groups" compilation and I'm pretty happy with both (let me know if you want a copy...or I might just "podcast" them).

Finally saw "Crash". It was 'aight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yes please.

werenotdeep said...

Yeah, dude, seriously, in that competition, 2nd place is really saying something. I mean, my cookies didn't even place, man! And they're some damn good cookies! I had oven issues, perhaps, but even if they had been at their peak, I dunno. Your snowballs just kicked that much ass. This is like the fourth time I've posted this to somebody about this...I'm just passionate about cookies, I guess.

leon said...

OK ok ok I get it. My cookies rule!