20060119


I'm not dying, just out of shape



I really need to push myself when it comes to staying in shape. Between my daily commute, desk-job, catching up on TiVo, love of food, video gaming, snacking and being "big boned", I can hardly find time to be active without setting some kind of goal for myself. Last time I got in shape, my goal was to run in a marathon (relay for only 6 miles, which is a lot for me), which I did (and even played a Frenchmen show in SF that night). This time I decided I'm going to hike up to the top of Half-Dome at the end of May. Hopefully this will put me in the mind frame of "you better get in shape, or you're not gonna make it!".

Shit. I gotta go to the gym tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Straight to the dome!!

miller

Anonymous said...

run (walk?) the San Diego marathon with me!

Heather

Alice said...

i've been getting in ok shape lately leon. if you need any motivation you and i can compare stats. not that i have any stats but i suppose i could conjure some up. you gotta mind your feet though too, right? don't overdo it!

Unknown said...

you can do it Leon!

werenotdeep said...

Hey, that sounds like fun! Go for it, man!