20060113


Back to the books




I just finished my 30+ hour audiobook of "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin, which I started almost a month and a half ago (originally for my road trip down to LA). I was re-reading it (more or less) since his newest book just came out last November, and I wanted to refresh myself with characters and such, since it had been a while between the new book and the time I originally read the first three books, and I had forgotten some character names. I picked up on a lot of details missed the first time around (since I kind of knew what was going to happen next). I'm going to get down and dirty with the next two books and try to re-read them at breakneck speed. Why I bought the newest book right away, I'll never know.

If you haven't read the "Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R.R. Martin, and you consider yourself a LoTR fan, I highly suggest reading these books. It's no facsimile by any means, but for me, it almost reads as a post "Lord of the Rings" story, only written better.

No comments: