20051005





there


Some songs we just hear and never think about too much. I'm sure other's have had this discussion.

So I'm listening to the online 80's station here at work, and that terrible song "Yah Mo B There" comes on. We've all heard it a million times. So WHAT THE HELL IS A 'YAH MO' and why does he, she, or it have to "B there"?

Just wondering.

If the song was about the legendary Yah Mos, I could understand. I wish they would B here. How fucking great would that be?

NP: Chicago - "Stay the Night"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought it was some horrible slang for "yeah, i'm gonna be there". So remember, the next time someone says "hey, are you going to the show tonight?" bust a "yah mo be there" on them.

And that is where the Yahmos got their name...

miller