20050218


Always and forever


I was going to write about some shows I saw this week, but right before I clicked "publish post" I accidentally closed my browser and all my hard work disappeared into thin air. Fuck it.

Instead I'm gonna post about some cool internet shiznit:

As you all know, I'm a bandwagoneer for technology (I can't help it. It's preprogrammed in my DNA). Here is a great thing I found online called Audioscrobbler


Audioscrobbler builds a profile of your musical taste using a plugin for your media player (Winamp, iTunes, XMMS etc..). Plugins send the name of every song you play to the Audioscrobbler server, which updates your musical profile with the new song. Every person with a plugin has their own page on this site which shows their listening statistics. The system automatically matches you to people with a similar music taste, and generates personalised recommendations.



get it and join my posse

I'm also trying this podcasting craze I've been hearing about. Essentially it's a broadcast encoded into digital form that you can listen to at your leisure (and updates automatically). So Far I have it set up to DL some of the programming I miss on air america while at work. Now I can listen to AL Franken on my drive home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too began listening to podcasts. I bought Blogmatrix Sparks to record podcasts and radio shows. It works well.