20070827


How can we be a "world class" city when we have "no class" public transportation?


Faced with a budget shortfall and a surprising ridership dip, Sacramento Regional Transit officials are expected to cut service on 15 bus routes countywide today.

Surprising? Not really. This really strikes a nerve with me, in a big way. It's almost like RT is sabotaging itself.

Next month I plan on flying the family out to NYC. I don't plan on renting a car at all. I plan on riding the subway the entire time. We are staying in Manhattan, going to a wedding in Brooklyn, going to the zoo up in the Bronx (why is it called "the Bronx" and not just "Bronx"), among other places, and I know it will be a breeze.

That's what makes a world class city!

Get a friggin' clue bitches!!! Better (aka useful) RT service will increase ridership, not cutting and crapifying (even more) our current system.

uggh...

Ok, I'm done now. Go watch the video posted below above. It's good.

No comments: