20060901


Another binge



So I kind of got bored with the Junior Boys album. Much like their last, it's better in small doses. The J Dilla album is a strong candidate for one of my top albums this year (too early to say for sure). It's not perfect, but it is good.

Right now I'm "spinnin" the new JT album. It's got about 4 songs on it that I can safely say are really good. Timberland's beats can get a bit clichè here and there. Lots of dance hits. If I knew I would become a semi-Justin Timberlake fan 5 years ago, I would have jumped off a bridge, but you can't deny his shit is tight.

I just got done listening to the new Roots album. I've actually liked the idea of the Roots much better than getting enjoyment from their recordings. I always thought the idea of a hip-hop group was great, yet they never seemed to push the boundaries all that much and I could never get through any of their albums from start to finish without getting bored. This is definitely different with "Game Theory", which is definitely one of my favorites by them so far. My co-worker who's a die-hard Roots fan, who gets mad at me for dissing them all the time doesn't like it that much. So it's confirmed, it's a great album!

No comments: