20080515


I Can't Drive/Pay....FIFTYFIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!

So after filling up my gas tank last time for $55, I decided to try something new....

Drive the speed limit

First of all, I was amazed at how fast people drive on the freeway. I did my best to stay out of people's way, but even in th far-right lane people would constantly tailgate.

The 'ol "spray-tailgater-with-windshield-wiper-fluid" trick seemed to get them to back off. All of this spraying made me think of my current favorite Nintendo game.

Second thing... I actually got wayyyyyyy better gas mileage. I usually never go less than 80 mph on the freeway, so going the speed-limit actually made a big impact on my mpg. I usually get 335-345 miles on a tank of gas, driving like grandma got me 370 miles!

That adds up!

1 comment:

Alice said...

that's what Leo does now. maybe i should try it. i think i get about 350 miles per tank but maybe i can push that up. thing is i'm only on the freeway a few times a week. still, it's worth a try.