20080218


Excess Ain't Rebellion...



For the past 5 years my 3rd generation iPod (pictured on the left) has been by my side through thick and thin. Once I started running distances longer than 4 miles I decided needed to bring something to listen to, but I soon realized the clunky guy was too big to bring along, but I definitely needed something too keep my mind off of the monotony that comes along with running laps and laps around the park. I asked Santa for an iPod shuffle, and I got one! It's the greatest for runs or short walks around town (and yard-work). The only thing I hate about it is that you can't see what you are listening to, and if you are listening to a longer pod-cast and accidentally skip to the next track, it's a pain to get back to where you left off without intervention from the computer and iTunes.

Then along came by birthday, and my loving wife got me the iPod touch. It's just like the iPhone, without the phone. As soon as I got it out of the box, I saw that look of regret in Niki's eyes (the same look she gave me after getting me a ps2 for Christmas a few year back). It instantly brought out the inner geek from within. Besides listening to music, and watching movies, and looking at pictures, and surfing the net, and checking email (via wifi) I had to find out what this thing could do ;)

So far I've been finding all kinds of applications that can do some amazing things. I love it. The only thing I hate about it is that it's so fragile, and after you've blown your wad of cash buying the dang thing, you spew another load of cash on products designed to prevent it from getting scratched and dinged.

(now back to ripping all my Curb Your Enthusiasm DVDs to iTunes)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Maybe your loving wife could make you a protective sleve out of felt!