20071229


Tis' The Season



Ahhh... it's been a nice week off from work. Just relaxing. Enjoying the holiday. Doing a lot of eating (highlight Niki's family's annual homemade Christmas tamales....today's chili I made this afternoon).

Last night I got pretty wasted at the Four Eyes Christmas show... It was cancelled last year due to the demise of the loft, where it had taken place for who knows how long. I think Guphys place captured the vibe just fine. Too bad she's moving out of that place. Stupid dog haters. Sorry no pictures this time around.

One funny thing that happened over the break is that I tweaked my back super bad (ha ha!)...not from lifting free-weights, running, basketball, kick boxing or any of that other crap I've been doing. No, after pulling Ira up to Winn park in his new Radio Flyer wagon, we were headed home. AS we got to our street, I was feeling confident that Ira would think it would be pretty fun if I picked up the pace, so I started running down the street, wagon in tow. He was laughing his little head off, but by the time we got to our house, my back was killing me. For two days I couldn't sit more than a few seconds without being in excruciating pain. I was poppin' the vicodin like I was at the movies eating junior mints, just so I could function. By day three I had enough, so I asked Niki to walk on my back. I laid on the floor, and she proceeded to walk down my spine....*POP!* I stood up and felt great... I was cured! A couple hours later I went for a little 4.5 mile run.

1 comment:

Les said...

Whoa! Glad your back's better. We're gettin' old!!! My back's been hurting lately but not vicodin bad. Salonpas repairable.